Forums are filled with people who want what you have to offer. No matter what you are offering, there is probably at least one vibrant forum for that niche. All you have to do is find the forums and get involved with proper links in your signature back to your offer. This article discusses 8 dos and don’ts of forum marketing.
Forum marketing can be a very effective (and free) way to generate leads for your business. However, there are several things to keep in mind.
As with any free marketing technique, the compromise is you are investing your time rather than your money, so be sure to follow these 8 suggestions so you can be sure you are spending that time wisely and effectively!
8 Important Tips On Forum Marketing
1. Nobody cares about your business. Let me repeat that. Nobody cares about your business. The last thing you want to do is join a forum and then begin pitching your opportunity. Instead, join the conversation and share some knowledge when appropriate.
The purpose of joining the forum is to meet other people, to build relationships and share information to help each other out. Over time, as you provide valuable advice and knowledge to the discussions you take part in, people will begin to recognize you as a leader.
2. All links belong in your signature. It doesn’t matter if it’s for an affiliate offer or your primary opportunity, links belong in your signature. That’s why it’s there in the first place!
Provide value and add to the conversation in your forum posts. Become a leader and people will become interested in you, which is when they will look to your signature to learn more about you.
3. Do not put links to generic company websites/capture pages in your signature. You’ve taken the time to build relationships with the members of the forum and provided them with value. The last thing they want is to land on a generic website when they click on the link in your signature.
Be a leader. Leaders have their own branded websites. Send them where you can build a stronger relationship with them by offering them more value such as a blog, for example.
Most forums have room to put a couple of links, so one can definitely be to your own personally branded website/capture page. For example, if you are involved with a generic lead generation system like MyLeadSystemPro, which can help other network marketers build their business…that would be a great place to send them!
4. Don’t be a know-it-all. It’s important to be confident and demonstrate leadership, but be respectful of other people and don’t act like you know absolutely everything, because nobody likes that!!
5. Don’t be afraid to join a forum on a topic other than marketing. For example, if you’re really into golf, it’s okay to join a golf forum and use your signature to say something like “Earning money online yet? I can show you how.”